Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Bad costumer service

One of the worst costumer service experiences I have had recently was with Wal-mart. I had a clogged sink at home and from working in construction for years before joining the military I knew exactly what to do. I just needed the tools to do it, so to Wally World I went. After searching myself for about 20 minutes I couldn’t find the right tools anywhere. If I knew where an Ace Hardware was I would have just gone there, but I didn’t. So after walking up and down each aisle and not finding anything I decided just to man up and ask someone. The problem was after searching for 20 minutes I haven’t even seen one employee. Final after another 15 minutes of searching, for a person this time, I found someone and I asked them if tools and hardware was their area, they said “yes”. “Thank god,” I mumbled before I told them the tool I needed. That’s when I ran into the real problem. They had no Idea what I was talking, and then they searched for it and asked other people. I got fed up with it all and found something else totally different and chose that I would just go home and get creative and FIND a way to make it work. The reason this was such a big deal to me was it was the third time that week that I went into Wal-mart and got either the wrong information or found someone working in an area and not having any idea about what they do. You would think if you are making a “living” there you would take the time out to a least know what you are selling.

On a lighter note, now I will talk about a good customer service experience I have had. I have Auto insurance with Progressive. They may not cover “wear and tear”, a problem I have now, but they did give good service with great timing one night when I really needed a break. I was at school last quarter and I accidently locked my keys in my truck. I didn’t want to break a window or anything so I called progressive. Not only did they cover it but they had someone there before an hour to help me. They were very nice on the phone and even called me back to make sure the guy showed up on time. I was very relieved and satisfied with that service.

No comments:

Post a Comment